Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Word: Patient

If you listen to KLOVE they have asked listeners to call in with one word that they will use as inspiration for 2010. My word is PATIENT. I want to be a more patient parent in every way possible. From not being so schedule intense that I miss enjoying the day to disciplining two rambunctious two year olds. I want to be a more patient wife that stops before I get agitated and remembers what a wonderful man I married. I want to be a more patient friend that learns to accept others for what God created them to be. I want to be more patient with Jeremy and I's family members and strengthen those relationships this year. I want to be a more patient care giver to the little girl I keep every day and the little kids I watch in the church nursery. I want to be more patient with everyone I come in contact with, so that they see God working in me and feel HIS love and peace. And most importantly I want to be more patient with God. SO many times I am anxious and rushing trying to find the answer to the problem at hand (hence the name for this blog). If I learn anything in 2010, I want to learn how to truly be patient and let God work.

Funny story. When I was five my parents got my sister and I kittens. My kitty was a solid black tom cat. I named him Patience. My mom says that I was holding him tightly (remember I was five) and the kitten wished (or maybe was praying) to be let go and placed safely on the ground. So I gently dropped him and said "You need to have patience! That will be your name! Patience!" There was a song we used to listen to over and over as little kids by Salty & the Bible Gang (equivalent of Veggie Tales now days) The song went like this.

Have Patience, have patience.
Don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient, you only start to worry
Remember, Remember that God has patience too
And think of all the times when others have to wait on you!