Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tune it out

I was driving this am with the girls to church to meet with my mentor. The girls have a habit of as soon as we get in the car the shoes that they were SOOOO worried about putting on their feet must come off. Apparently they are under the impression that you dont wear your shoes in the car. In hopes to distract them I gave them all little toy radios to play with as a diversion.

As we drove there I had Jeremy's new Sidewalk Prophets CD going- which is AWESOME by the way- and there were three radios in the background all singing different songs. As my ears willingly blocked out their music and focused on my music, I had a realization. The music I was tuning out should be like the worldly life style that we see here on earth. The music I was listening to should be our hearts focusing on God and not the world.

I love when God speaks to my heart and shows me these little things. Many times in this last week I have had to stop and pray for God to redirect my thought life away from the lies the enemy was feeding me. And this realization spoke so clearly to that.