Monday, January 18, 2010

"Recalculating"

My husband got a Garmin for Christmas from my parents. I was so excited for him because we rarely by gadgets and this was truly a new toy for him. He has enjoyed using it every time we leave the house to see what new way it might take us. In using the Garmin, there are many times we deviate from the give purple path and soon hear the automated voice say "Recalculating" as the Garmin figures out a new way to get us to our original destination. It is humorous at times, as you can hence frustration in the automated voice that once again she is having to recalculate. [yes we know it is a computer and not an actual person directing us =) ]

The other day I was driving to a doctor's appointment and the following analogy occurred to me. We as Christians seek God to direct us on his path for us. If we seek him daily he will ensure that we stay on the outlined purple path and eventually we will make it to our destination- home with him in heaven. BUT how many times does God, sigh and patiently say "Recalculating" because we wondered off the purple path.

Over the last four months I have been blessed with a wonderful mentor. Stacey has encouraged me in so many new ways in my faith. My heart has a new yearning to seek God and to learn more and more about him. My sole new years resolution for my spiritual life is to grow more than ever this year. In order to really be able to see the hopeful dramatic change I have decided to start my own personal journal- via a blog. God is working so hard in my life right now and I love it! Slowly he is removing and rebuilding areas in my life that once carried more importance than his relationship with me. Though I wont lie. It has not been smooth sailing and many of the areas he is working on have been painful. BUT I know without a shadow of a doubt I will be a much better person in the end. I am excited to see where he takes me. It is like I am packed and ready to board a flight to a new city. I have no idea where, why or what my agenda will be. But I am ready!