Friday, January 22, 2010

Just say no to Seperation Anxiety

I am reading this book called Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson. It is a fantastic book and one I would encourage anyone to read. It walks you through the basic principals of being a Christian and Gods love for us. Neil Anderson has written other book as well that I hear are just as good.

Today, I was reading a chapter about God's love for us and the fact that we can do nothing to separate ourselves from Christ's unfailing love. As humans our core security is in relationships. When relationships are torn apart - especially significant ones- it takes a toll on our security. The pain of separation is so intense that it shakes us to our core. BUT if we trust in our Lord and Savior and work hard to have a relationship with him, He alone will guide us through the struggles of our earthly relationships.

Jesus never said that a walk with him would be easy. His word never promises smooth sailing, but he does promise to never leave us or forsake us. In fact in 2 Timothy 3:12 Paul writes "In, fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." So in a sense it is a good thing when problems arise. For it gives us a chance to grow in our faith and get to know Him on a whole new level.

A scripture to commit to memory:
Romans 8:38,39

"I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God."