Monday, February 22, 2010

Totally on a high (part 1)

This weekend was such an awesome weekend for us spiritually. We started off with the adoption conference Saturday. Honestly I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but I could feel the enemy trying to persuade me to not worry about attending, so I knew God wanted us there. After a short lecture from their guest speaker - which was a little to focused on the suffering aspect of adoption- a musician played a song he wrote about adopting his two kids from Haiti. Oh my goodness tears filled my eyes and everyone else in the room as he sang the chorus "I'll find away to get you home..." ugh, sooooo good! A Dad was speaking after about when he and his wife brought their son home from Russia. He said they had just picked him up and were staying at the Marriott in Moscow (graciously given rooms there). As they checked in their newly adopted son was dancing on the marble floors to the classical piano being played in the lobby. He said emotion overwhelmed him as he thought only minutes ago he had nothing and now he is dancing on marble floors. How symbolic it is to think of God adopting us into his kingdom. We too have gone from nothing to one day dancing on heaven's marble floors.

The conference proceeded with break out sessions of which we choose International and Foster to Adopt. Both were very informative and gave us a clear picture of the process and steps to move forward. It closed with a great panel of parents with different experiences that add a personal testimony to the process.

I have to admit I was hooked before attending but after it was over, I would have signed paperwork immediately!! Jeremy felt the same way. We left and he talked about more than ever he feels the call to adopt. We are still split on what type of adoption to proceed with and when to start. But we are both praying for God to reveal that to Jeremy as we digest all of the information from Saturday.