Jeremy and I have been working through a budget spreadsheet that we downloaded from FPU. I highly recommend it as it does help you truly see where ALL of your money is going. Yet as we have started doing the budget I am not feeling financially peaceful, instead I am feeling financially stressed out!!
I catch myself adding up the $$$ that we wastefully spent in the past 30, 60, 90 days and even year. It sickens me and makes me want to somehow earn it back. How foolish we were to waste what God so freely gave us. I am struggling to communicate with Jeremy in ways that my frustrations don't come across disrespectful of him. So far I have yet to find a way so I just don''t say anything, which doesn't work either. Jeremy gets the budgets made each month and I feel has a positive attitude of "okay we are good for this month, no worries". Where I look at the budget he has made and feel "oh crap! how the heck are we going to make that work. there is no wiggle room at all!, what can we sell??? what can I do to add some cushion?" I draw blanks on ideas or ideas that I have fall through adding to my stress level.
I am thankful that we are doing a budget. I am thankful that we do now know where our money is going and hopefully wasteful spending will be curbed. But my heart is not joyful and I am not at peace with our finances.